Sunday, January 7, 2018

broccoli chicken casserole











My mom used to make a similar casserole when I was a child and I always really liked it.  I don't think I'd ever made it for my family so when it came time to take a meal to my son's teacher who recently had surgery I gave it a try- I never know what to make for other people!  My kids loved it.  Simple casserole.  Simple flavors.

broccoli chicken casserole (adapted from Jen P's recipe in the Hershey ward cookbook)
1 cup brown jasmine rice, cooked as directed
1 rotisserie chicken (I love Costco's!), chicken pulled off the bone and cut into bite-sized pieces 
2 heads broccoli, florets cut into bite-sized pieces
1 can cream of mushroom soup, Campbell's healthy request
1 can cream of chicken soup, Campbell's healthy request
1 empty can filled with milk
handful of shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine soup, milk, rice, chicken and broccoli.  Pour into a greased 9x13 or two 8x8 dishes.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Note:  Next time I will add half an onion, shredded to the mixture before pouring it into the pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment