Wednesday, February 8, 2017

chicken alfredo soup










This is a really nice feel-good soup.  I doubled the recipe so I could take some to a friend...which I realize is risky when making a new recipe but I figured this one would be good.  I grabbed a few new cookbooks at the library last night and this is the first of several new recipes I'd like to try.

chicken alfredo soup (adapted from BH&G New Cook Book, 16th edition)
3 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
2 cups shredded carrots
2 cups chopped celery
1 onion, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
2 jars light Alfredo sauce
1 envelope vegetable soup mix (I used Knorr Spring Vegetable Recipe Mix)
2 cups cooked broken whole wheat spaghetti 

In a dutch oven, cook chicken with carrots, celery and onion.  When chicken is no longer pink, add broth, alfredo sauce and vegetable soup mix.  Add spaghetti.  Simmer covered for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment